cPanel® on WebHost Manager (WHM)
Make sure you have for every host you want to SSL enable a unique, dedicated IP address. You also need an account at StartSSL™
Create a certificate:
- Login to the StartSSL™ Control Panel.
- Select the "Validations Wizard" tab.
- Select "Domain Name" and click on "Continue".
- Enter the top domain name, select the domain name extension and click on "Continue".
- Select the email address for verification of domain name and click on "Continue".
- Enter the verification code you received by mail into the the field and click on "Finish".
- Select the "Certificates Wizard" tab.
- Select "SSL/TLS Server Certificate" and click on "Continue".
- Enter a password of at least 10 characters and click on "Continue".
- Save the private key and click on "Continue".
- Select the domain name from the drop-down box and click on "Continue".
- Add a sub domain name and click on "Continue".
- Save the certificate and click on "Finish".
Save the relevant intermediate CA certificate:
- Select the "Tool Box" tab.
- Click on "Decrypt Private Key".
- Enter the content of the private key and supply the password.
- Save the decrypted private key.
For Class 1 save the sub.class1.server.ca.pem
(Enter the directory, right click and Save As...
Install the certificate:
- On WHM click "List Accounts" on the left hand menu.
- Click the cPanel symbol next to appropriate host.
- At cPanel select the "SSL/TLS Manager".
- Click on the link below " Activate SSL on Your Web Site (HTTPS) ".
- Select the appropriate domain name from the select-box.
- Paste the certificate into the first field "Certificate (CRT)".
- Paste the decrypted private key into the second field "Key (KEY)".
- Paste the content of the CA certificate into the third field.
- Hit "Install Certificate" and wait for the server to restart.