StartSSL™ Verified has various advantages over the free, low-assurance (Class 1) certificates
. They provide a level of flexibility usually not found elsewhere, being it for the sheer unlimited, possible combination of different domain names and sub domains within the same certificate or being it for the wild card options StartSSL™ Verified provides.
Because of the higher validations these medium-assurance certificates require, it allows visitors of your web sites to reasonably rely on the information included in each certificate and trust
you and your business. B2B and C2B documents signed by a StartSSL™ Verified certificate allows you to perform business transactions and reasonably rely on it. Signed and encrypted email with StartSSL™ Verified certificates assures you and your partners, that you always exchange your valuable information with the right entity.
StartSSL™ Verified are intended for:
- web sites, which perform financial transactions like credit card details or other payment methods, so that a visitor can be assured, that the person and company operating it can be traced to a real entity.
- companies or individuals which have to deal worldwide with prospective clients and partners and need to be assured of correct information about them.
- easier management of keys and certificates, complex configurations and multiple web sites on the same server and IP address and IIS/ISA setups.
StartSSL™ identity and organization validation are available for only US $ 59.90
each, where organization validation implies prior identity validation. Once validated, certificates are freely available through the advanced StartSSL™ Control Panel
and unlimited for 350 days of the validated identity/organization. For distribution and discounts, validations are also available by bulk purchase
. Before you continue, make sure, that you have at least two recent documents, which are scanned by a scanner or photographed by a digital camera. This pictures should be in high quality and high resolution. It is important, that all the details are clearly viewable, for example:
- The cover of your passport
- The first pages of the passport
- The picture of you with your personal detail of your passport
- Both sides of your drivers license or identity card or
- Photo ID document issued by a local, state or federal authority.
For organization validation prepare the following documents:
Get your StartSSL™ Verified certificate now!
- Registration documents of your organization (Tax office, Ministry of Commerce, Handelsregisterauszug etc.) or
- Excerpts of your latest tax declaration and
- Confirmation about the owners/shareholders, directors or CEO and
- Authorization to request certificates in the name of the organization signed by the director or CEO.